|Available Position & Research Topics||Available Position: Engineer
Research Topics: This team conducts research on processes occurring at and beneath the seafloor by using data mainly from networks in oceanic areas. We are seeking a qualified person for developing such a system as described below.
|Job Description||Designing, development and operation of the system for an integrated use of the solid Earth data retrieved by JAMSTEC from oceanic areas and ocean bottoms.|
1) B.A. in closely related field or equivalent with extensive experience acceptable.
2) Must have some experience with interfacing software to databases (RDBM).
1) Some experience or knowledge with handling time series (seismograms for example) in real time data environment.
2) Proficiency in object-oriented programming (C, C++, or Java) and in UNIX/LINUX, command-line scripting such as Python.
3) Over a year of experience in the related field is an asset.
*Applicants could apply to our position regardless of age or sex or nationality.
*JAMSTEC has the principle of gender equality scheme as it relates to the recruitment of all staff.
|Work Place||JAMSTEC Yokohama Institute for Earth Sciences
3173-25 Showa-machi, Kanazawa-ku Yokohama,
Kanagawa, 236-0001, JAPAN
Employment period is as follows;
Oct. 1st, 2012 -Mar.31st, 2014 (Contract will not be renewed)
*Appointment date is negotiable.
|Salary||1)Salary will be competitive in accordance with JAMSTEC's bylaws, taking academic career, research ability and research role in IFREE into consideration (annual salary system). Appointment level for positions will be determined by JAMSTEC after the interview based upon the discussion with the successful candidates.
e.g. JPY 5,800,000~7,000,000/year
2)No bonus/retirement allowance provided.
3)Allowance for commuting expenses will be provided.
|Terms of Employment||
|Closing date||29th, Jun., 2012 (The application documents must arrive at JAMSTEC by this date)|
|Contact (application documents must send to this address)||Hanako Ihara
Human Resources, Research Support Dept., JAMSTEC
2-15 Natsushima-Cho, Yokosuka-city, Kanagawa
TEL: (+81)-(0)46-867-9415 FAX:(+81)-(0)46-867-9372