Marine Observation Data
- Argo JAMSTEC
- Provides delayed mode high quality data along with detailed information on the Argo floats deployed by Japan, operated by Argo Group, IORGC. Visitors to the site can also view the results of objective analyses of water temperature, salinity, and current velocity based on Argo float data.. The site also allows data from Argo floats deployed worldwide to be downloaded in real-time.
- TRITON web
- Is the public web site of the TRITON Buoy Project. All data transmitted by the buoys can be viewed in real-time, and the data is also downloadable.
- Subsurface ADCP mooring dataset
- As the "TOCS (Tropical Ocean Climate Study)" project in JAMSTEC, variability of long-term surface and subsurface ocean current have been observed by the ADCP (Acoustic Doppler Current Profiler) mooring system in the western Pacific Ocean and in the eastern Indian Ocean. After removing electric noise, the data were processed to the hourly mean and 10 meters depth bin.
- JAMSTEC Compact Arctic Drifter(J-CAD, POPS) (Japanese only)
- Provides access to water temperature, salinity, current direction and velocity, and meteorological data received from sensors mounted on Arctic drifter buoys. These sensors are also used to calculate the distribution of water temperature and salinity beneath the Arctic ice.
- JAMSTEC OceanSITES
- Provides access to data on JAMSTEC's projects contributing to OceanSITES, international network of time-series observations as reference sites.
- Paleoclimate-Ocean Database
- This Data Site will provide paleoclimate data, geochemical and biogeochemical data, and plankton photos needed to understand climate variability and abrupt changes in the past and modern environment and also provide fundamental information of ocean science.
- Extremo Base
- (Extremobiosphere Genome Database)
Provides data on the genome structure of organisms that inhabit in the extreme environments.
- Image database of planktonic foraminifera
- The Modern Planktic Foraminifera Image Database is a collection of various images on planktic foraminifers that are living in the world ocean. This database includes the Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) images of shells, optical images and movies of living planktic foraminifers under laboratory cultural conditions. The current database will be updated when new images are achieved.
- Okinotorishima Island Observations(Japanese only)
- Provides meteorological and oceanographic observational data collected at Okinotorishima Island since 1993. The latest data is added in around April each year.